I AM A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR

I am a happily married 48 year old Carpenter. I have two children who I love dearly and two Grand-Babes that will forever own my heart. I have a large wonderful family scattered all over this great nation. I miss them all, always!

My husband and I live just south of Kissimmee, Florida. We hate it! We moved here only because of our jobs, but have decided it not worth living only to make money. God put us here to LIVE!
We own a little piece of property up in North Carolina, which is where my daughter lives, so North Carolina, here we come!!!

UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE

God, I haven't been back to my blog for a while so when I read the above entry, it sent a shock through me. I have to explain for those of you who do not know what has happened over the last seven months. I realize that I could just delete the entry and start all over but when I wrote it, that was my life. I miss my husband.....

About two weeks after I had my mastectomy, my husband Freddy went to the doctors with a cough. They took some x-rays and before we knew it, he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 6 months to 5 years to live. There are no words to describe the insanity. Other then colds now and then, Freddy never got sick.

Sadly, I have to say that I now live in North Carolina without him. He passed away on December 12th 2009. I miss my husband.....

Friday, September 18, 2009

So, What Do You Think People????

Yesterday was a very long day for both Freddy and I. Woke up at 5 am anxiously awaiting my operation. At 12 noon, Freddy dropped me off at the hospital and headed over to MD Anderson for a follow up shot to help build his white blood cells. He made it back just in time to give me a kiss. Lucky Me! (he he) I Love Him So Much!

Dr.Pope came in to the pre-op room so that he could make his marks on me. He was sitting there looking at my breast, cocks his head to one side, pauses then cocks his head to the other side. It felt funny but I could tell how important it was for him to get it right. He then asked if I was ready, I said,"Lets go doc". Actually I said, " Yes, I am so ready. Thank You Dr. Pope for expediting this so fast. I really appreciate it. You just don't know, yadda yadda yadda and so on". He knowingly smiled at me. Dr. Pope is a very humble and caring man. I'm blessed that he is my Plastic Surgeon.

Three and a half hours later, I woke up. I was amazed at how much pain I was in. When I had the mastectomy Dr.Pope put lidocaine tubes in me so there was very little pain. This time he didn't so I had to deal with pain.The nurses were so good. They gave me everything I needed and discharged me knowing I just wanted to get home. When we got home, Freddy made me sit and stay on the couch. He took care of me all night.

Last night I woke up every hour as usual but I felt pretty good. Got up this morning at 4 and had the best cup of coffee. Damn it was good! I feel like a near million bucks. What's that, 999,999.95 ? That's compared to what I have been feeling like. Anyway, I'll be able to sleep with Freddy soon and give him a hug when I feel like it. WooHoo!!! I CAN'T WAIT

4 comments:

ksshirley said...

Ouchie MAMA! Thank God your doc got those bowls outta your chest~~that musta hurt like a motha!!! :-) Bubby~~they look great and healing and some sense of normalcy is just around the corner!! Then, you and Freddy can just cuddle up in the bed and HUG til ya can't hug no more!! Stay strong and courageous~~we are here for you and continue our daily prayers for you and Frdddy~~hugs and love to both of you!!! Kathy SUE

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

BUB they look beautiful!!! Im sooooo glad everything went well and like kathy said--normalcy is around the corner! im soo proud of you!
miss you and love you!

Sammy said...

BUBBY!!! I love that you are sharing your journey with all of us on this blog. What an eye opener! And WOW them are some fine boobies if I do say so myself!! I can't wait to see you in a bikini next summer!!! hehe!! ;) You and Freddy are in my prayers and thoughts. I miss you like crazy and wish we could be closer. Hopefully I can see you soon!! I love you sooooo much! ~~Sammy J and the lil' weet in my tummy!!

Deanna said...

Lookin good darlin, and also much more comfortable looking, You must really feel the difference. Now it's healing time, every day will get better. hugs and kisses to you both.

love you

MOM