I AM A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR

I am a happily married 48 year old Carpenter. I have two children who I love dearly and two Grand-Babes that will forever own my heart. I have a large wonderful family scattered all over this great nation. I miss them all, always!

My husband and I live just south of Kissimmee, Florida. We hate it! We moved here only because of our jobs, but have decided it not worth living only to make money. God put us here to LIVE!
We own a little piece of property up in North Carolina, which is where my daughter lives, so North Carolina, here we come!!!

UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE

God, I haven't been back to my blog for a while so when I read the above entry, it sent a shock through me. I have to explain for those of you who do not know what has happened over the last seven months. I realize that I could just delete the entry and start all over but when I wrote it, that was my life. I miss my husband.....

About two weeks after I had my mastectomy, my husband Freddy went to the doctors with a cough. They took some x-rays and before we knew it, he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 6 months to 5 years to live. There are no words to describe the insanity. Other then colds now and then, Freddy never got sick.

Sadly, I have to say that I now live in North Carolina without him. He passed away on December 12th 2009. I miss my husband.....

Thursday, September 17, 2009

August 15, 2009

One Tuesday I went for my last fill. I was given 100 cc. on the right side to even these bowling balls out. You may notice that they kind of spread out to my sides. Dr. Pope said he'll rein them in somewhat. I was so happy going to see the doctor because I knew that I would also be scheduled for my exchange on the same day. Yoohoo!!! I was thinking I'd have to sleep with these breast for another month or so but after talking to Dr. Pope, he said we could expedite the exchange.....

I was asked to meet with Lori. She is the person who schedules all of Dr. Popes appointments. I sat and waited for like a half an hour and was getting real impatience. She finally came out and asked if I wanted to do the exchange on Thursday. I'm sure I looked completely confused. I said, "this Thursday"? Double Yoohoo!!!

This is hard to explain but I'll try. It's been exactly 52 days since I had my breast removed. This expanders are not only uncomfortable, they hurt. And they are not mine. I have spent three months worrying about what my breast will look like when they are finished. To Big, to Small, Lopsided. Maybe they will be to hard. Maybe Freddy will hate them. Maybe I will hate them. After all the conversations I've had with Dr.Pope, I'm still terrified that they won't be right. Today is the day we'll find out. Now of course it will take a couple of weeks for my new breast to heal and for me to get use to them but at least they will be OUT OF MY FACE! I'll no longer look like a football quarterback!

This will be one of those days in my life that I'll never forget!   YOOHOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

wow bub. wow! what a BIG DAY! im praying for you and am sure they will look fabolous!!!
love you!