I AM A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR

I am a happily married 48 year old Carpenter. I have two children who I love dearly and two Grand-Babes that will forever own my heart. I have a large wonderful family scattered all over this great nation. I miss them all, always!

My husband and I live just south of Kissimmee, Florida. We hate it! We moved here only because of our jobs, but have decided it not worth living only to make money. God put us here to LIVE!
We own a little piece of property up in North Carolina, which is where my daughter lives, so North Carolina, here we come!!!

UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE

God, I haven't been back to my blog for a while so when I read the above entry, it sent a shock through me. I have to explain for those of you who do not know what has happened over the last seven months. I realize that I could just delete the entry and start all over but when I wrote it, that was my life. I miss my husband.....

About two weeks after I had my mastectomy, my husband Freddy went to the doctors with a cough. They took some x-rays and before we knew it, he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 6 months to 5 years to live. There are no words to describe the insanity. Other then colds now and then, Freddy never got sick.

Sadly, I have to say that I now live in North Carolina without him. He passed away on December 12th 2009. I miss my husband.....

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another 100 cc. and Bust ????

I hope the heck not, although it feels like it. I asked Katie, the PA to start with 50 cc. just to see how it would feel and decided to go for 100. Ouch!!! Feels the exact same way it did last Tuesday. I was just thinking that next week when I go for my next fill, I"ll read my blog so as to remind myself just how much pain I'm in right now. I have gotten about 3 hours of sleep since Tuesday morning. I can't get comfortable in any position and the pain meds are starting to take their toll. As soon as the sun comes up I'm going to take another stab at the pool. I'm not sure if its open but I'm Praying it is. You might ask, why not just go for 50 cc and take a break? Believe me, I'm asking myself that right now!!! It's hard though. I can not wait to get this over with! It's been a long hard road and  three months seems like an eternity. I want to be able to go crawl into my bed, curl up with my husband and fall asleep in his arms. I really, really miss sleeping with him.

I had a chance to speak with my Plastic Surgeon during my visit as well. I really like him. He has a plaque in the treatment rooms with a little bit of his history. Says that when he first decided to become a doctor, he took a trip to Europe. He fell in love with the beauty of the human anatomy thanks to all the gifted artist in this world.
Says he discovered then, his passion in life. Beleive it or not when Dr. Pope looks at me, I swear he is trying to create a work of art. Hope he suceeds! 600 cc and counting

2 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

bub you are so strong! your in my prayers!
love you
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

healing up good mommy. sorry it hurts so bad xoxoxo