I AM A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR

I am a happily married 48 year old Carpenter. I have two children who I love dearly and two Grand-Babes that will forever own my heart. I have a large wonderful family scattered all over this great nation. I miss them all, always!

My husband and I live just south of Kissimmee, Florida. We hate it! We moved here only because of our jobs, but have decided it not worth living only to make money. God put us here to LIVE!
We own a little piece of property up in North Carolina, which is where my daughter lives, so North Carolina, here we come!!!

UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE........UPDATE.......UPDATE

God, I haven't been back to my blog for a while so when I read the above entry, it sent a shock through me. I have to explain for those of you who do not know what has happened over the last seven months. I realize that I could just delete the entry and start all over but when I wrote it, that was my life. I miss my husband.....

About two weeks after I had my mastectomy, my husband Freddy went to the doctors with a cough. They took some x-rays and before we knew it, he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 6 months to 5 years to live. There are no words to describe the insanity. Other then colds now and then, Freddy never got sick.

Sadly, I have to say that I now live in North Carolina without him. He passed away on December 12th 2009. I miss my husband.....

Sunday, August 23, 2009

POST-OP JULY 28, 2009

8 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

oh bubby! You are such a strong lady!!! Only you can be so "glass half full" after something like this! You amaze me and i wish i could have been there to help you out! Moving to NC huh? When? Anyways, stay strong and your in my prayers
miss you and love you
~Jen

ksshirley said...

Deb~~wow~~you just got started and this is a beautiful beginning to a long journey ahead. I am amazed at your strength and courage to face this challenge head on and not only take care of yourself but share your journey with the thousands of women who can find no answers to the questions they seek. I just want you to know I am so inspired by you and know that you will come through this stronger and more beautiful than you have ever been! I love you with all my heart~~~~God Bless you and Freddy~~hugs and kisses Kathy Sue

Deborah said...

Hey darlin

Love your blog, I am soooo proud of you , I would never have believed you would share this part of your life with the world, understanding your need for privacy. It is such an important topic, so many women are hit with this news and have no place to turn. I'm sure your openness with this subject will be a great help to others in your position. Love you so much. Hugs and kisses to Freddie.

MOM

Deanna said...

Try again, had to do a google account to put my name on my comment!!!!!

Deborah didn't say MOM said

:>)))))

shadow7 said...

Deb... you're a fantastic gal.. and sharing this is a really important contribution to breast cancer awareness...and to the knowledge that there is a life after diagnosis!

Thank you so very very much for the blog, for the photos and for the videos. You're very special! I wish you the very very best.

(Reggie)

Deborah said...

Shadow7,
Yes, early detection is very important. It is imperative that all women understand how important mammograms are!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you mom so much for all your courage and of coarse for just being you. xoxoxox~Stinger

Sandy said...

Deb, you are an angel thinking about everybody else when having your surgery and recovery.

I had my bit mastectomy with TE on Dec 31, 2009. I'm doing my fillings now, yes very painful.

Good bless you for sharing all this info and pictures.

Sandy